Friday, October 15, 2010

Deloitte-"An unpleasant surprise "


Entering the fourth year of your college brings a set of mixed emotions to your mind, it includes exhilaration, excitement and disquiet. The year starts with young minds contemplating and comparing the different companies that they want to join. Everybody has a kind of notion of a dream company which will be the best option for them to kick start their career. Some make it and fullfil their pledge and there are some who dont.
In august this year Deloitte came to my college, I had heard and read alot about deloitte a month back when i came to know that it was coming for campus hiring.The pre placement talk was wonderful with the HR explaining to us what to expect of deloitte and the fields in which deloitte was working. I was very impressed and I really wanted to make it to deloitte.
First there was an Aptitude round which i cleared , next day it was service line interview, technical interview and HR interview. In sevice line interview 42 of us were divided into 7 groups and given a problem statement to prepare a presentation on, our group had the topic "Use of IT for enhancement of Profit margins of a firm". After this round 15 out of the 42 initial were left, and then came the technical and HR round. My technical interview went well but apparently everbody was doing well in that round, seeing their happy faces gave me a pang of nervousness as deloitte had specified that only 6 would make it. Then came the HR round, yes!!! this was the round i had been waiting for i thought that i'd do very well. But the end result was pretty much different, the HR made me nervous with her questions and the answers that i gave did not impress her.
So in the end, after 7 hours of gruelling interview and service round sessions when the result was announced my name wasnt there. I was very dissapointed as it was my first interview, but i also made a promise to my self that i would go to a much better company, with a better salary package. In the end i would just say Shit happens but how u take it, and what you learn from it matters the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment