Wednesday, March 31, 2010

INTERNS-aptitude,gd,pi

Recently we had our college Tech Fest SOLUTIONS 2010 and i was asked to conduct an event INTERNS. It was basically a GD,pi,aptitude event.I was chosen as had won a Gd before in my college.
Now we needed registrations for the fest, then the time of campaigning started.Me and my batch mates and the juniors scouted almost every college in Pune for participants.
And in the end about 250 registrations were managed, out of which 98 was for interns. I was exhilarated.
A day before the event that is on 10th march i got the paper for the aptitude round it was prepared by the Career launcher faculty.Had 20 questions in all and the time allotted was 40 minutes.About 24 people cleared the cut-off.On 12th we had the GDs which were great, they were in a way perfect group discussions sans the general ambiguities. As the GD was going on me and other juniors helping me were trying our best to get all the logistics straight.There was a little bit of confusion as the people who had not cleared the cut-off wanted their participation certificates. Nine people got selected from the 24 that appeared for the GD.Then there were 3 rounds of group PI. In the last discussion I also participated as we were short of one person the topic was 'FRIENDS AND BOOKS SHOULD BE FEW AND GOOD'. Initially the group was divided into people talking about books and others who were interested in friends. But towards the end with the help of examples and justifications the group summarized the discussion.
The judge wanted to take me also for the Pi but I as an organizer could not do so.
But in the end the satisfaction of conducting an intellectual event flawlessly kept me smiling through out the day.

2 comments: